Castle Trail/Koolau Summit Trail/Pauao Ridge -- Pat Rorie

   
View of Punaluu from Castle Trail

As is my weekly custom, I phoned my hiking buddy Laredo Murray on Friday night to suggest a jaunt we could do the next day (Saturday, April 17th, 1999). Sundays are usually reserved for HTM trail clearing. I bounced some possibilities off "Rainbowman" including a combo of the Castle Trail and Ko'olau Summit Trail (KST). Curious as to how long Castle would take and desiring to experience both the lower and upper sections in one day (something I had never done before), I talked Laredo into joining me for the trek. Where we would end the loop was still up in the air (Waikane? Pauao Ridge?). Kent Bien made it a threesome.

Read more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pololu to Waipio, Part 1 -- by John Hall

Mauna Loa summit via Ainapo Trail ascent -- Patrick Rorie

Kohala Ditch -- by Pat Rorie